Saturday, May 30, 2009

MANGO: Penélope Cruz

I love Penélope. She's such a devoted artist in so many ways. The girl can act! I've never seen a more relatable tantrum thrown then the several ones thrown in Vicky Crisina Barcelona. She nailed the Spanish temper. She nailed my temper! No matter who is on the screen with Penélope , they stand no chance of out shining her. Scarlet Jo. is obviously the more obvious beauty, but when put together in the same scene...there was no comparison. There's nothing risky about her face. Besides celebrating her unique beauty, I have to write about her clothing line: MANGO which she co-owns with her sister Monica. (The two look so similar!) I first started shopping at MANGO about two years ago. The jeans are what convinced me. They fit like a glove. Finally somebody to understand my body, my frame...my attitude! The colors are vibrant, the beauty of the clothes is effortless and there is an underlying toughness for every ounce of femininity. That's the way I like an outfit.










THIS is Monica! Or Penélope #2

1 comments:

Aussie said...

I checked out the line and it is OMG amazing! I'd buy so much from it if I could! ahhh
sigh

-A