Friday, June 12, 2009

'The strange world of MIKA'



A journalist's job is to observe, and it's fitting that a UK publication like The Observer did just that with MIKA. They came up with the conclusion that the world of MIKA is in every way 'strange'. Having spent the last year and a bit studying journalism and all of its ethical standards, I can remind everyone that the subjet (MIKA) has no say in how the article looks at the end or what is written/ how the story is told. I think that's fair, and I think it's what's great about freedom of the press. I havn't read any article yet, though I definatley will when it becomes available to me. This video makes me happy, it brings me back into his world. I say it's "his" world because it absolutley is ALL his. He created it, he imagined it, he brought it to life. Do I think Mika's world is strange? I havn't decided. Do I think he thinks his world is strange? Who knows. For me there is something in his art, his writing, his voice that is so familiar to me that it becomes less foreign. He exposes the world's true colors in this cartoon way. As a result, life for us, the observers, is a bit less daunting and alot more beautiful.

Watch the video and if you're not already in love with him, you certainly will be...




0 comments: