Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No more H8!

I am no stranger to voicing my opinions. I try my best to give equal opportunity for an opposing side to tell me off but the problem is... THAT NEVER HAPPENS. I don't understand how anyone anywhere could ever be opposed to the practice of a union founded in love. Are there really still people making rules based on what they feel is religiously moral? News flash, not everyone has a religion. It's time to be POLITICALLY MORAL. Do we as a nation go around saying "I can have brown hair but YOU can't." or "I can breathe this air but YOU can't." How about my favorite, "Jesus loves ME but he doesn't love YOU." It's as idiotic as it sounds.


I'm straight, but I can still fight for something that effects my fellow citizens and friends. We have a responsibility as humans to protect one another, to empathize and stand by those who are being oppressed and help break the chains of injustice. That's all I'm doing. Somewhere along the line we shut out reality and started twisting the constitution, creating loop holes. "Liberty and justice for ALL." Remeber that concept? As far as I'm concerned, congress should pay more attention to homicidal death rates and drug abuse rather than using their energy fighting to ban gay marriage. This is in every way a segregation. There's no "but's" about it. You are denying someone a human right. And of all things, you deny your fellow citizens the right to show a public display of LOVE.

Then there's this whole religious issue. The bible says God intended for man and woman to come together and be one. If everyone slept with people of the same gender, eventually the human race would die off. Here's a thought... NOT EVERYONE IS GAY. So, chill out. Also, the bible says alot of things that no one should be believing or practicing like "He (Adam) shall have rule over you (Eve)" Men ruling over women? Still acceptable? I don't think so...

I have much more to say... I hear the opposing voices and guess what, you're not convincing me. Why should a gay couple be denied GOD'S blessing over them? There is no reason: In recent years, the catholic church has finally come to the realization that "okay okay, maybe it's not a sin to be gay. Maybe people really cannot help it." BUT along with that step forward comes one step back. They imply that it's okay to be gay as long as you don't act on what you desire. If a public display of love is what they desire and hope for, than let them have it. God is all loving right? And he wants us to treat others as we would like to be treated right?

Then why is this STILL an issue? Right and wrong, good and bad... AS LONG AS THERE IS LOVE IN THE WORLD AND PEOPLE PASSIONATE ENOUGH TO WANT TO DISPLAY IT, HUMANITY IS STILL HUMANE.

0 comments: