Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cris Barros, Brazilian designer


Last night I was watching America's Next Top model and they featured this beautiful Brazillian designer named Cris Barros. I found that I was having a very positive reaction to her clothes. They were so airy and light and seemed to transport me into a world draped in cotton candy shades. The colors and the textures were everything I would want in my dream closet. I live with the basic syle principle that simplicity speaks volumes. I find that I travel between two ends of the spectrum when I choose an outfit: on the one hand, I live in my Equestrian black riding boots and black skinnies. I love the sleek lines and opportunity for bold color on top of the ensemble and even bright accesories to match. On the other hand, pull out something that looks like it should be at the top of a cake and I will flip over it. Soft colors, light pastels, breezy fabrics and dainty prints are irresistable to me. Barros captures all of this and more. She has the ability to bring strength to dainty beauty. She can empower a woman's grace without compromising this indescribable gift that we have to let our clothes do the talking. The delicate looks do not supress us, instead they transport us somewhere in the fairy tale.




















0 comments: